Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Grammar Text Messages

I found this great thing on Pinterest! Any time middle school kids get to use technology, they get a LOT more excited about the idea. So using a text message to teach grammar is bound to get their attention!

The link to the website is ifaketext You can just type in any text you'd like and it displays like a text from your phone. You can even choose which phone provider to emulate! Here are the two I displayed today:




They even got a chance to teach me something.  Apparently I was sending myself texts because the name at the top of the screen was Mrs. Meyer.  They thought it was hilarious.  So I accepted their expertise and made the necessary corrections.  I'm sure they'll let me know next time if I'm still wrong.  They love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment